Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wedding..... Rock...not just the one on my left hand!

So yesterday was super fun! We did some wedding stuff by we I mean me and Pam and the bitty! (background Pam is the wife of my fiancee's partner and Addison is their little girl who is the flower girl at our wedding)
Me and Pam at Disney

We looked at bridesmaid dresses. Now we live about 45 minutes from any big departments/outlet bridal places so we took a risk and tried a place in Brooksville called Patrica's Boutique. We walked in and I was under impressed it looked like nothing but what I call Southern Misses......the kind of clothes that you see middle aged middle class to lower upper class women in. Don't get me wrong some people can rock that style but for a bridesmaid dress not so much my style. We saw a litte walkway and followed it and suddenly it was like a completely different store! The had a huge selection, it rivaled any of the stores I went to in Jax, and Orlando. Poor Addison though they didn't have any kids area for her to play in and she got over looking at the "pretties" really fast. Although I do have to say me and Pam are training her right she went over to the jewelry and other sparkly necklaces right away!

Ben and Addison (shes bringing the cuteness to our wedding)


Now I have 5 bridesmaids and 2 are tiny, one is super tall and thin (jealous), one is a classic hour glass figure, and one wants to loose weight before the wedding but I dont want her to feel uncomfortable so I'm going for some kind of A cut dress, all I know is I want strapless and I want a cocktail to tea lenght! So many choices!

OK back to dresses. I found three that I liked at the store. And here are the website pictures of them

Dress 1
I have to say this is my favorite so far. I tried on the long version and it was super gorgeous! Its pictured in eggplant but I'm on the fence for between that and grape as color choices. (No I'm not having a purple themed wedding I love fall and fall colors hence the October wedding but I wanted the fall colors in the bouquets not on the bridesmaids. I think deep purple is an amazing backdrop and will make the rusts, oranges, yellows and such of the flowers pop!)

Dress 2
The second dress is pretty too theres a small but of ruching over the front but it draws the eye and makes your waist look smaller then the ruching becomes a bit of overlay detail on the skirt so fun!


Dress 3
The third dress has a fun almost gathered bust that has a small v cut in the front for flair. The dress is so another A cut (hooray universally flattering!)

We did really well time wise I think we were there maybe an hour! I was gonna ask to look at flower girl stuff too but Addison was super good and I didn't want to push it!

We headed back to the Millers for family dinner :-) I made upside down pizza. It was Ben and my 3 year anniversary and he wanted that for dinner, plus its easy and a good leftover (not that we had many with Ben and Chris (Pam's husband) chowing down. lol I saware they are bottomless pits or maybe they just have hollow legs)
Up side down pizza!

After that we did some ROCK BAND!!!!!!! I love that game! I totally cant do anything but sing and play a little of the guitar (as long as its on easy) But Ben, Chris and Tyler (Pam and Chris's oldest son) do the instruments and Pam and I swap off on singing! Just wanna point out here that Pam and I totally rocked out I think I got two perfect games and she had one. So fun!
Next family dinner I'm bringing Apples to Apples!!!! Chris and Pam haven't played yet so it would be super fun!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment